Cell Biology Student

Research
Funding

Graduate student Maddeline Voas 3D prints a sacrum with spina bifida

Research
Funding

Archaeology Student

Research
Funding

Left Arrow
Right Arrow

Graduate         
Opportunities

Cutting-edge research is the backbone of a graduate education. In the lab, students acquire diverse skills – effective communication, leadership and teamwork – that transition seamlessly to any workplace upon graduation. Our students have the satisfaction of knowing that their research is making a difference where it’s needed most: in their community.   

UWF graduate students who are interested in engaging in research and scholarly activities should apply for research funding available through the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs (RSP). Check out the opportunities available.   

uwf-student-melissa-brock
Melissa Brock , Biology

Working with scientists in the lab and learning from them have been the most exciting parts about being involved with research.

Line

Class of 2017

hillary-skowronski-uwf-student
Hillary Skowronski , Biology

"I love doing research because I get to learn new things and be outside with people who love the same things that I do."

Line

Class of 2016

Graduate Student Researcher Travel Award Program

Purpose

The Graduate Student Researchers Travel Award Program was created to provide funding support to graduate students and accompanying faculty members who are presenting at professional conferences. At the recommendation of a department chair and with the approval of the college dean, CREO will disburse funds to support graduate level student’s travel and professional presentations. CREO will fund 80% of graduate researcher’s travel and the researcher’s college pays the remaining 20%.

Eligibility

Applicants must be graduate degree candidates who are in good standing with the University.

Scholarly and Creative Activities Funding (SCAC)

Purpose

The Scholarly and Creative Activity Committee gives awards to faculty and graduate students to support research and creative activities. Faculty members are encouraged to submit project proposals that have the potential to produce externally funded support.

Eligibility

Applicants must be graduate degree candidates who are in good standing with the University.